Code of Conduct For Parents, Legal Guardians, Guests & Other Spectators
Please remember that as a parent or legal guardian in the Beaches Community Soccer League’s house league program, the online Registration Agreement for the current year constitutes the full agreement of BOTH of the Player’s parents AND of any other personal guests to abide by the following Code of Conduct at the field:
- This is a recreational program for the kids and not for the adults and since children participate primarily to have fun and satisfaction, you must help provide a fun-filled and safe program for the players to learn and focus on enhancing soccer skills, not winning.
- You need to understand that Coaches are obligated to provide players with equal playing time so that they may learn and advance their skills, while still enjoying the game.
- You will teach your children to play fairly and to respect the rules of the game, and to resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility.
- You (and your guests) will be positive role models for your child(ren). So please set an example by maintaining the highest standards of personal conduct and encourage good sportsmanship by showing respect and courtesy, and by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, officials and spectators at every game.
- You (and our guests) will not engage in any kind of unsportsmanlike conduct with any official, coach, parent or player such as booing and taunting or using profane language or gestures. Instead please be enthusiastic and generous with deserved praise
- You will respect the Referee and his/her authority during games and will never criticize, contradict or interfere with Referees or Coaches at the game field. Referees will make mistakes, but please set an example for your child(ren) and others by not shouting at them. Instead, please provide feedback to your coach on the performance of the game official
- You will take time to speak with Coaches privately if we have any concerns or complaints.
Anyone who fails to abide by the Fair Play and Sportsmanship policy and related Codes-of-Conduct may be subject to disciplinary action, which could include a ban from attending games or expulsion of your family from the League.
The Club will observe a very low tolerance for inappropriate behavior or interference on the part of parents or spectators as outlined in the relevant Codes-of-Conduct and will strictly deal with infractions that come to its attention. If parents or spectators have complaints during a match, they are to voice these complaints to the Coach and not to the Referee. If necessary, the Coach should then in turn speak with the Director of Operations. Only the Coach may address the Referee during a match. Parents must keep in mind that they are spectators only and are in no way participants in the match.
Spectators are not to interfere in the play, or to loudly criticize or goad or argue with Coaches, Referees or BCSL officials in any way. Criticism of children is unacceptable. Any parent who does not abide by this regulation may be ejected from the field and their child may be excused from the BCSL. Any comments or complaints should be reported to the attending Director of Operations or in writing to email@example.com.