The BCSL is primarily recreational rather than competitive, so our principal objectives for children, coaches and parents are (in order) to:
- HAVE FUN!
- Be active.
- Learn rules of fair play and good sportsmanship.
- Develop a love of soccer.
- Pick up some basic soccer skills along the way.
To help achieve these goals:
- We don’t keep track of scores or standings.
- We learn soccer in a happy and safe environment, free from negative criticism and harassment.
- Each of us – players, parents and coaches – feels like an essential member of their team.
- We challenge ourselves to do our best.
- We play soccer fairly and with good sportsmanship